Saturday, March 23, 2013

God has answered....

Photo by James R. Garringer
When I look at the above photo, it reminds me that God's mercies are new every morning.  We never know what the day will hold as we proceed through our lives.

Looking back at this past week, God has given me amazing strength to get through each and every day.  He has given me strength to do things I could not have done in my own strength; only He could do that.  God has sustained me physically and emotionally through this entire week, while not knowing just what the outcome would be.

Sunday, I was able to attend church with Mom, which was wonderful!  Following the service, I took Mom and her sister, Merna, out for lunch.  We had a nice ladies time out.  While at church, my cousin, Cheryl invited me to come to a ladies event to be held at the church on Monday evening.  So, I went.  It couldn't have been more appropriate to encourage me.  The main speaker spoke on trials.  Here are some of my notes for thought:
  • Am I taking God with me through this trial?
  • Am I bitter or do I consider this a blessing?
  • Through this trial, God will prosper us.  (Jeremiah 29:11)
  • Will God be seen by others while watching us go through this trial?  We need to show others that God's grace is in us.

Tuesday, we woke up to a very blustery snowy and blowy day.  Dad's surgery took about 45 minutes.  While Dad was having his surgery, Mom was not feeling well and we were trying to get her comfortable in a chair with a warm blanket around her neck area.  (She has osteoporosis so bad, she has severe neck/back pain everyday; then treats it with heat.)  Since they had used a breathing apparatus for  Dad to breathe, it took him longer to come out of the anesthetic.  The doctor came out and said he took two good-sized lymph nodes out.  He said they looked more like they were infected, rather than cancerous!  He put him on an antibiotic and wanted to see him in the office in two days.  That is when the pathology report would be back, too.  Between my mom and I, we were able to maneuver him into the house when we got home.  I made sure they were comfortable, then went out to pick up his prescription and a few groceries.  I got back in the house, locked the car and was sure we would be all set for the rest of the day.

About 8:00, we ended up taking him back to the hospital, as he was not able to urinate.  He was having post-op urinary retention.  We ended up bringing him home with a catheter in and we also needed to change it to the night bag.  Jess had sent me a text to see if she could look something up for us online.  So, thanks to technology, Jess, YouTube videos, cell phone cameras, Mom and I were able to change the bags.  Jess was a great help with very clear instructions!  After that  ordeal, we literally fell into bed around 12:15 a.m. 

Wednesday, we had to take Dad to see the only urologist in the Ludington/Mason County area.  Don't they say that first impressions are everything?  We weren't impressed.  However, we were thankful to get the medical help for Dad.  He gave two ultimatums:  1. Remove the catheter and there would be a 40% chance we'd be back in the ER that night or 2. Have him learn to self catheterize himself.  I spoke to the doctor then privately and told him with all he had been through at that time, I didn't think Dad would be able to even comprehend instructions on how to do that.  So, he left the catheter in for another day/night, had us return in the early morning to have it removed; then return later in the day when he was finished with his surgeon's appointment to see if he was able to go on his own.  

Thursday, the cath came out, then went for his appointment with his surgeon.  His surgeon told him he had a very good report and that there is no cancer!  Praise God!  His doctor told us that when he saw the other reports, he really thought it would have been cancerous.  After his examination, he said the nodes are starting to soften and one is already beginning to disappear.  He has more on his right side, that still seem to be sore.  Doctor said he will be keeping close watch of them.  If they don't shrink with the antibiotics, then he may have to do another biopsy.  (He has another appointment this coming week to remove the stitches.)Praising the Lord for a GREAT answer to prayer!  Then, by the time we went back up to the urologist, Dad was able to "go" on his own.  He's doing much better, praise the Lord!


Friday, it was time for me to go back home.  As I look back on this week, the Lord did so much work in my own life.  He not only used this time for me to be closer to Him, but also to be closer to my dad.  It has been some time, that I was able to look into my dad's eyes and tell him how much I love him.  Please continue to pray for my dad's salvation.  That the Lord would continue to soften his heart.  (The other night, he asked Mom if he could read her Bible.  So, I showed him the book of John.)   I am also SO thankful for an understanding husband.  He's been so good to let me go care for my parents and take care of things at home, etc.  I really missed him, but we both knew I needed to be there.

God has also answered another prayer.  Keith received an email from the teacher he was suppose to interview for the long-term sub job in May.  They have hired someone for the position they didn't think that person was going to be available, but is.  She is from within the school and very familiar with the school and students.  As we look at this, we know God has a bigger and better plan.  His plan is the best one!

Keith has about 3 weeks remaining with his online class.  Continue to pray for him as he works on his final projects to submit.  It's practical information that he'll be able to use the projects at another time in the future.

We are also SO grateful for my employer for their understanding that I needed to be in Ludington with my parents.  Thank you, Circle Health Partners, for keeping us covered in prayer.  It means so much to know people are praying.  This was also a week where we were short a phone person, as a co-worker was out of the country with her husband.  Thankfully, it was a very slow week for Rachel who covered for me.  With all this going on, I have been informed that I have an opportunity to pick up more hours which will put me to just under full time.  Once again, we are thrilled at God's provision!!!

Thanks for reading all this.  I realize it's long.  I just had so much to share!  We are thankful for our praying family and friends.

Keeping on keeping on for Him....

No comments:

Post a Comment